There are several reasons why you could be experiencing symptoms of sensitive teeth. If you’ve experienced it before, you know it can be quite painful and annoying. Some of the more common causes of sensitive teeth are: tooth decay, a worn enamel, and even brushing too hard. It’s always a good idea to mention any problems to your dentist during a regular scheduled visit, but in the meantime, here’s what you can do at home to give yourself some relief:
- Switch to a soft bristle toothbrush – brush gently and in a circular motion instead of vigorously brushing side to side.
- Avoid acidic and sugary foods – these types of food can cause tooth decay and deterioration of healthy enamel.
- Use toothpaste that contains potassium nitrate – which penetrates exposed dentin and soothes painful tooth nerve endings.
- Use toothpaste that contains a high concentration of fluoride – this can strengthen your teeth and help protect them from pain
- Regular dentist visits – Talk to your dentist before you consider bleaching or whitening your teeth.
Tooth sensitivity is no doubt a very unpleasant thing to have to deal with on a daily basis and should not be ignored as it could be a sign of a more serious oral condition. Make an appointment with Ralhan Dental a family-oriented dental care office in Burlington and Oakville area. They can help with an range of dental problems or issues like gum and teeth sensitivity.